Where weddings, children's parties, DIY and event stationery come to life!Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)
Save The Dates are a fantastic invention only relatively new on the wedding market. Their purpose is to let guests know right at the outset when your wedding will be and most importantly, to give guests every chance to organise themselves to attend.
This is so incredibly helpful for weddings that are in expensive, exotic locations or if your guests have to make early arrangements and lots of travel. Even if you’ve decided to tie the knot right in the middle of a busy holiday, they allow guests to know in advance so they don’t make other plans instead.
Being a newer wedding product, they are therefore less structured by etiquette than some other forms of wedding correspondence which is fantastic because you can really put your own personality into them, inject some humour or just ooze plain fabulousness and grandeur. Your choice, however many people do struggle to work out what wording to put in them to achieve this end result, and this is where we’ve put together some great examples to help you.
Guidelines to Writing Save The Date Magnets
The only real guidelines you need to remember when writing save the date magnets are:
* that they are brief (a formal invitation will give more details later on)
* that they tell you only the most important information: bride and groom names, the date of the wedding, and anything else exceptionally pertinent (eg. Location for a destination wedding)
other than that, you can design them any which way you so desire.
We’ve put together a list of our most popular save the date magnet wording examples for weddings if you want specific generic examples, however if you want to personal, why not try something like the following:
* put in a quote to reflect your relationship
* include a photo of yourselves
* put in a special line from ‘your song’
* put in the URL of a wedding website you’ve created. It’s a great way for guests to keep updated on your plans as they evolve.
Want even more inspiration? Head into our online store and see more of I Will Invitations’ Save The Date Magnets.